Please consider 2-3 business days for packing and or customizing your order in addition to the shipping time and method selected. The total days for delivery are calculated by adding 3 business days for packing and engraving plus the shipping time selected.
*We reserve the right to change shipping methods as required to meet the promised total days for delivery.
*Shipping delays incurred by the shipping carriers (FedEx, UPS, DHL) are beyond our control and not warranted by barrelsonline.
*Additional processing days may be added to the following type of orders:
- A request for a preview of the engraving has been submitted
- If our designer encounters an engraving that is not legible or for which the engraving is not doable.
*Please contact us via email: email@example.com if you need your order delivered faster.
Change Requests After submitting an order
Although we do try to implement any changes submitted after the order has been placed, we do not guarantee changes will be implemented. The sooner a change is submitted the higher the likelihood it can be correctly processed.
BarrelsOnline will not refund nor replace any item for which a change request was submitted after the order was placed. This includes changes to the shipping address, engraving, item size, or item specifications.
*Please note to process a change we have to inform many team members which are sometimes distributed in different locations, making it hard to successfully implement a change request after the order has been submitted. So please double check order before submitting to make sure everything is correct.
If for any reason you are not happy with your product, you may return it within 30 days of initial delivery and receive a complete refund for the cost of the product. Please note original shipping charges as well as return shipping charges, are not refunded.
Barrels that have been used beyond the curing process, personalized with an engraving, or return later than 30 days will not be refunded.
Faulty barrels and or parts that are covered under the manufactures warranty and will be replaced at no extra cost.
Manufactures Limited Warranty
Barrels and or parts will be replaced under the following circumstances:
- Barrel will not seal due to cracks or holes in the wood. The barrel must first be left to cure for at least 7 days to determine if in fact, it won’t seal.
- Spigot, bung or stand arrived broken or if spigot leaks when added to the barrel.
- Barrel hoops break when curing the barrel.
- Engraving the wrong logo or name on the barrel provided engraving instructions were properly submitted by the customer per below engraving rules outlined in section: Engraving rules client and barrelsonline adheres to when personalizing a barrel listed below.
Conditions not covered under the manufactures limited warranty:
- Barrels are not made to withstand pressure other than normal use pressure. If the barrel is filled with contents that build up pressure causing the barrel staves or head to bend, bulge or breadk causing leaks, will not be covered under the manufactures limited warranty.
- Barrels that are stored without liquid for long periods. Storing barrels without liquid will allow for the oak wood to dry out and shrink causing the hoops to fall off or leaks that will no longer seal.
- Black and water stains on barrels are normal when no finish was selected during the ordering process. Barrelsonline will not replace nor refund barrels that show stains as this consider normal for barrels that have not been treated with a protective coating.
To process a replacement barrel under the manufactures limited warranty we require you to send us a picture of the problem to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Protective finish to the barrel
- Varnish is optional and if selected a water-based varnish is added to the exterior of the barrel.
- When a dark stain barrel is selected an oil base stain is added to the exterior of the barrel.
Personalization: Engraving rules client and barrelsonline adheres to when personalizing a barrel
- Engraving is done using a laser machine but the actual engraving look and feel may vary from barrel to barrel because of changes in the oak wood surface between barrels. Some engravings may appear darker or lighter.
- By default, all engravings are done to only the front of the barrel above the spigot. If engraving is desired to be on the back, any sides of the barrels (belly) must be specified in the logo instruction box.
- If a specific width and height of the engraving area are required it must be specified by the client in the logo instruction box otherwise we will resize to best fit the size of the barrel.
- The area available to engrave is determined by the size of the barrel and by the space needed by the spigot. The engraving is done in the area above the spigot to avoid the engraving being covered by the spigot. Also please note that along the edge there is about half an inch to one inch (depending on the size of the barrel) that cannot be engraved.
- Please note that engraving by default will be sized to fit the barrel size and the smaller the barrel the harder it will be to see detailed logos or long phrases.
- Proof of the engraving before the order is shipped will only be sent if it is specifically requested by the customer in the logo instruction box. In all other cases, no proof will be emailed.
- It is always recommended to upload an image even if only engraving text as this way you will get the exact font and distribution desired.
- If an image is uploaded the following rules will apply:
- When text is entered in the logo instruction box we will engrave using the following rules:
- If both an image and text is uploaded the following rules will apply:
- If the client specifies in the logo instruction box to edit image and/or text per clients instructions. Our designer will do a design and send it via email for client approval. Our designer will do simple designs at no extra cost but more complicated designs and editing will have an additional cost that is determined by the amount of time required to do the custom design work. This charge will be notified to the client before doing any design work.
Curing and Sealing Process
Before using the barrel, you should cure the barrel. Your oak aging barrel is made of wood and stored empty so your barrel may need to swell back up before use.
- Start by rinsing out your barrel three to four times to get any wood debris out.
- Now insert the spigot on the front of the barrel and tighten by hand to secure the spigot.
- Then fill your barrel full of water keeping it full until any leaking ceases. This may take as little as a few hours or as long as one week.